Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Butterick 6582

I'm sure I will be less gung-ho about this repeated blogging after a while, but for now...

This is my little disaster zone.  A mountain of fabric and projects that need finishing or mending. 
The idea is that I chip away at this pile before I buy more fabric. But fortunately? unfortunately? Spotlight has regular fabric reductions so...one step forward, two steps back?
You can never have too much fabric, I say. 

For something a little more inspiring...I have made this!





The Butterick 6582 View A

It was a very enjoyable experience making this dress with the gathered shoulders and the little bows. It's pretty spesh.
Unfortunately the only downfall is my rear end. While my bust is a size 10 my hips are a size 12 or 14 if I've been naughty.
So it's a pretty tight fit, even after I had reduced the seam allowance to 0.5cm. 
But even so, its a beautiful dress and looks great on. I made it for a masquerade party which will hopefully have a matching wine coloured mask made from lace with any luck!
I would definitely have a go at this pattern if you have a passion for all that is vintage and retro!





4 comments:

  1. That dress looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! I found your blog from Julia's Mad Men challenge. I have been eyeing that pattern for a while. You have convinced me. The fabric is gorgeous, perfect for a cocktail event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress! The bow detail at the shoulder is adorable and the fabric gives this dress a very classy, luxurious look! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The bows are so adorable. Great job on the backs seams!

    ReplyDelete